Upcoming Open Mic Events


Thursday 7-10 p.m. Open Mic
Friday 7-10 p.m. Extended Play

Thursday, December 8, 2011

We Trust You'll Be at the Yellow Sofa Tonight at the Usual Time


Good Morning or should I say Good Afternoon?

The proprietors of the Yellow Sofa Cafe have asked me to remind you, sir, that this evening they will be presenting their usual Thursday night program of top shelf amateur musical entertainment by guest performers.

I would hardly call it amateur, James, though that may be technically true.

Sorry sir, poor choice of words. Your discernment in these matters is certainly right as usual, and superior to mine, if I may say.

Please, James, spare a little of that. What time does it begin?

The usual time, sir, 7 with sign-ups beginning at 6:30. I've also taken the liberty to post some photographs from last week. Here they are. . .






Did you ask the performers in advance if you could do this?

No, sir, but since they were performing in a public space, I merely assumed--

You assumed James?

I truly regret the error, sir. I intended only to represent the flavor of the evening and honor the excellence of these particular performers and composers. If you think I should remove them, sir, I most certainly will, and immediately.

No need, James. No need. Little point now. What's done is done.

As you think best, sir. I only hope you can forgive this well intentioned mistake. Should we prepare for you to be there tonight?

We'll have to see. Christmas shopping and all. Change the strings, though, just in case.

Bronze wound D'Addario mediums, sir?

Whatever's on the guitar now, James.

Excellent, sir. . .

And to you all, if I may, many of us hope to see large numbers of you tonight at the Yellow Sofa, in support of a worthy establishment, that serves the public good and offers good food, warm beverage and good company.

Also please bear in mind the big Eve of New Year's Eve (Friday, December 30 6:30) show by Mr. Silverstone and the Silvertone Horns in what will not doubt prove to be their very last performance of 2011, though something else may come up on the Saturday following. Many believe this local Northampton music combo features some of the best original songwriting this of side the halcyon days of 1970s FM radio. Should you want to hear what the fuss is about, you are more than welcome to try this link, I'm sure:

www.michaelsilverstone.net

Cheers,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment